Friday, January 30, 2009

Congrats, Mich and Adam.


I failed to mention last night that the main reason for my going to Omaha is to attend Michaela and Adam's engagement party, which is sure to be epic, and deservedly so. They are my prototype for the proverbial perfect couple. If they're brought up in conversation, the statement usually ends with someone throwing in an "I love those guys," because people genuinely do. They ride their bikes to Target together. They've raised two beautfiul cats. They love watching The Biggest Loser. They turn weekend roadtrips into enviable adventures. They tolerated me during the summer of '07 when I became their unofficial third wheel, using their pool, eating their food and living quietly and vicariously through their happiness. They are not sickeningly similar or questionably contradictory, rather they've achieved a perfect balance that some people work years to find.

So with that, I send out a sincere "we should all be so lucky" and bid you adieu. I still have two articles to write before my date with Southwest Airlines.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh shucks. Thanks Catmoe. You're right, our cats are beautiful. Can't wait to see you in about 8 hours!

Lauren said...

I really like this post and I don't even know them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...