Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I just got lost and slept right through the dawn.

Despite the misleading name, the Weepies create some pretty uplifting music. I think it's one of those things though, similar to when you eat scrambled eggs during a particularly bad bout of the flu... I associate them with an unsettling time in life and subconsciously abandoned them as a result. The release of their most recent album prompted me to give them another try, and I realized that their music also reminds me of driving down Blondo with the windows half-cracked on the old Ford Focus. Fall in Omaha was short but beautiful.

Anyway, I'd never seen the video for the World Spins Madly On before, and I think it's the stop-motion monster that got me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...