Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Babies, etc.

Over the past month, my friends have taken it upon themselves to repopulate the planet, birthing babies all over town, filling orphanages, setting records, receiving donated 14-passenger vans from generous members of rural church congregations, and using up all of the names I've had on the secret baby name list that I began composing in grade school (#1. Nancykerigan, #2. Bill Guttenberg Pullman).

In reality, only two babies were born to only two of my friends in November and December, but that in itself is a feat -- many of us are still struggling to take care of ourselves, much less take responsibility for the health and well being a new, impressionable life. So with that I say...

Congratulations, Meg and Kael! Brody Daniel Busing is the greatest, handsomest baby I have ever had the privilege of giving a bottle to. Let's hope his keen ability to cover his eyes with his hands will serve him well later in life, when his parents embarrass him.

And congratulations, Katie and Keith! Although I have yet to meet Natalie Ann Hamlin, I can safely assume that she is beautiful, awesome and always up for a cold beer or a lively discussion surrounding the personal lives of high school classmates.

Love you all... thank you for giving me small, automatic friends for Christmas.

3 comments:

Chris Othic said...

Write a book already! Show the Sedaris siblings how it's done!

Catherine said...

Thanks, Chris! That's really nice. A New Years resolution perhaps :)

Meg said...

Thanks for the shout out Catmoe! Brody loves his new auntie! (i swore to myself that i would never talk in 3rd person for my child, i just had to get it out once). AND i second chris on your book writing. i think i would actually read if one of your works were published. 2010 resolution??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...